GIVE THANKS

THANKSGIVING AS A LIFESTYLE...

A song writer once said "Give thanks with a grateful heart" and I totally agree with that, I'm so in love with that song...you can't imagine lol. We should be wired to give thanks to God as our lifestyle and not a choice. Today is supposed to be my mid-year thanksgiving in church but I am caught up at work. I woke up with mixed emotions, sad that I will be working whereas my mates are in church celebrating thanksgiving. But then again I thought of the fact that thanksgiving requires more than just your presence but a grateful heart.
Image result for grateful heart
There is no reason why you should not say "Thank you Jesus" every morning when you wake up. Its more than just a gift to be alive everyday, It is a miracle. Recently, my brother was telling me about a friend who lost another friend in a ghastly motor accident. I was so inquisitive that I went as far as researching on the dead girl. I couldn't hold back my tears as I went through her Facebook page, this is a promising young girl who would never have thought she would not live to see the beautiful month of June. The following day in my office, I overheard an office assistant telling her colleague that a couple had a ghastly motor accident and died instantly, in her words "Anybody wey wake up wey no fit say thank you Jesus dey try oh". I pondered on her words throughout that day, I later had a discussion with my brother telling him about my encounter earlier at work. This life we live isn't ours, it is borrowed, so why can't we be grateful to this wonderful maker that gave us life that was all I was just saying to him.

Two nights ago, I could not sleep, I kept pondering on my various encounters throughout the week. I even had to put this up on my personal message on Whats-app "Lord if ever my pride grows bigger than the love I have for you, always remind me that it is your air I breathe". Only last night, on my way home from school with my course mate, she received a call that a friend she attended a birthday with had died of typhoid, so appalling! I couldn't hold back my grieve, it is indeed very painful.
Image result for grateful heart quotes
Too many of us are so lost in our worries, problems and issues that we forget to be thankful for our successes and victories. This life we live is a gift and also a miracle, so we should learn to always appreciate the giver of life. We always appreciate our employers when we are being paid at the end of a month for our hard work. But this is different, we did not work for this life, it was given to us freely so each second, minute, hour, day, night, week, month and year we should learn to give thanks always to God. There should always be a spirit of gratitude in us, I was listening to one of Joel Osteen's preaching, he says "Its hard to be unhappy when you are grateful". He went on to explain some simple things that we are guilty of, he says don't look at what you have done wrong, look at what you have done right and don't look at what you don't have, thank God for what you have. 

Originally written and published by - THANKSGIVING AS A LIFESTYLEMimi Alexx 

Comments

  1. Oh MiMi, this is so so cool! Never knew you were a splufic writer!

    I thank God for my condition and I'm always grateful for life's gift. I tell you those stories of things happening are very true!

    Your post is very apt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep. Meaningful. Insightful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice peace love, God bless u for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Queen Mimi,you have said it all. The most shocking thing I have ever come across was about a couple who intended to get married! The event was fixed on the 25th of June! I bought the choice cloth and waiting for the deed day ...the church I attend organised a free medical check up and the groom was the first person to come on Saturday morning for medical check up . Before 10pm,he said he was having headache! It's not quite an hour Τ̣̣ђё groom gave up the ghost! A young guy at the age of 33...and I keep pondering on the whole scenario, I can't find an explanation! it's good to thank God as long as you are still alive because it's only the living have hope! God bless you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm! It is well. Amen, God bless you too. Cheers!

      Delete
  5. So true! I'm thankful for life. @mimmi alexx God bless u sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! I'm thankful for life. @mimmi alexx God bless u sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  7. umeofia samuel11 June 2016 at 01:14

    ThankGod for life. Thankyou Jesus for you mimialex. Remain blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful piece, and a great reminder that this life is not ours; we have a very gracious Father who lets us see each day. Every day we get to see is a gift, not a right. Thanks Mimi :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Xenophobia or Afrophobia: Is it the fear of foreigners or the fear of fellow Africans? by Mary Izobo – International Human Rights Lawyer

WAYS TO KNOW A GUY IS INTO YOU